Friday, June 25h, 2010, 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm “THE REESOR HOMECOMING”
8949 REESOR ROAD north of HWY #7
We launch our Celebration of the Reesor Family’s arrival in Canada with a relaxed evening of outdoor Entertainment, Food and Fun. It will be held at the site of the millennium Reesor Gates.
Where: Situated on the picturesque banks of the Rouge River and adjacent to the original Christian Reesor Homestead on Reesor Road, Markham. This is a no charge event but any donations received will be donated to a worthwhile charity.
Activities: Under cover of a large tent, a program of family oriented entertainment, music and song will commence about 6 pm and will continue the entire evening.
FEATURE PLAY: “REESOR” An award winning theatrical production from the
Toronto Fringe Theatre Festival will be a focal point of the evening’s entertainment.
There will be activities for the children including a jumping castle, wagon rides and bonfire.
Food: Available for purchase from 5:30 pm & throughout the evening.
` provided by John Leadbetter Meats of Stouffville
Camping: Campsites will be available on location for family participation.
Advance booking required. This will be “roughing it” camping,
i.e. “Johnny on the Spots” but no hydro hookup.
A Communal Controlled Campfire will be organized for all to enjoy.
Saturday, June 26th, 2010 Noon to 4 pm REESOR REUNION 2010
MARKHAM FAIRGROUNDS, 10801 McCowan Road (at 18th Ave/Elgin Mills Rd)
12:00 to 4 p.m.
· WELCOME , REGISTRATION & TIME FOR VISITING with your REESOR COUSINS
· LUNCH: Food which will be available for purchase throughout the day from John Leadbetter Meats of Stouffville OR you are welcome to bring a picnic lunch for your family.
· DISPLAYS of REESOR GENEALOGY, FAMILY ARTIFACTS and PHOTOS for viewing
(If you have artifacts that you are interested in displaying please advise us on the pre-registration form)
· DEMONSTRATIONS of various pioneer skills – interactive opportunities to participate selectively
· CHILDREN’s ACTIVITIES including horse drawn wagon rides, fun fact finding games to discover our Reesor Heritage and more
· SALE of Memorabilia- Noon to-1:30 pm and 2:30-4 pm
· BIDDING on SILENT AUCTION ITEMS- contributed by Reesor Cousins- BID by NUMBER
1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
· FORMAL PROGRAM -singing, skit, keynote speech Reflecting upon our Reesor Roots
o Followed by a short LIVE AUCTION of select unique REESOR MEMORABILIA
· SILENT AUCTION -Bidding Completed
Sunday, June 27th, 2010
8949 REESOR ROAD north of HWY #7
· SETTLER’S SERVICE: A morning Church Service will be held at the Reesor Gates on the Banks of the Rouge River (same location as the Friday HOMECOMING )
A COMMUNITY WORSHIP SERVICE WELCOMING OUR FRIENDS and NEIGHBOURS
Ø Please REMEMBER- GENEALOGY corrections and additions are ALWAYS WELCOME!
The Reesor family database is a WORK IN PROGRESS and being updated on an ongoing basis. There will be opportunity to provide updates on Saturday but - remember you can ALWAYS SUBMIT FURTHER INFORMATION by following the instructions here.
Ø A number of Reesor cousins, artists and artisans alike have offered to donate of their talents for the SILENT AUCTION. We would be pleased to hear from you if you are interested in contributing a piece towards this aspect of the Reunion. Proceeds from the sale of these items will go towards offsetting Reunion expenses.
Ø The PRE-REGISTRATION FORM indicates MEMORABILIA that will be available for sale at the event. This reunion we are offering the opportunity to PRE-ORDER and PRE-PAY by cheque for your selected memorabilia so that you can take advantage of an EXPRESS PICK UP. Your pre-paid order will be available at the Fairgrounds on Saturday afternoon. All items will be sold on a first come first served basis. Memorabilia will be in limited supply and no item will be re-ordered. Also, to minimize overhead charges, terms of payment will be CASH or CHEQUE only. ATM’s will be on site at the Fairgrounds on Saturday.
Ø We appreciate that you do not bring pets to any of the Reesor Venues this weekend !
Ø Click here to view a map of the area and the event locations.